Sunday, January 24, 2010

Adventures and Updates

The last few days have been a bit crazy, but way fun. I think Chantel, Krystal, Tim, and I are probably the only people who understand each other's craziness. We do crazy things together like lay on our backs in the living room and laugh. Yeah, all four of us lay there like a bunch of, well...crazies, laughing to kill ourselves! Haha, that was fun. A couple days ago we rented the movie, "I Love You Beth Cooper." That was a really stupid movie. Don't watch it. It kills brain cells, fast. So after that stupid movie, we decided to watch "Get Smart." I suppose that was ironic. It was a much better movie. We also got Krispy Kreme and went to a dance party that night. It was fun. For some reason at the end of that night, we decided that we needed to go to Ikea the next day, which was yesterday.

We did not end up going to Ikea yesterday. I don't remember the details now, something about Krystal needing a new phone, but I forget how it all tied together. We went to the University Mall instead. We walked around there for a while. Chantel and Krystal played Barbie with Tim, well, only with sunglasses. I think he may have tried on over a hundred pairs of sunglasses yesterday! After spending some time there, we went back to their apartment because Chantel had homework. We decided that raiding the mall was not enough, so we planned on going to Salt Lake after her homework. Krystal had to go home, so she drove me to a train show in Lehi. That was interesting. It was hosted by a model train club right here in Orem. Tim and Chantel picked me up on their way to Salt Lake, and we all went up there. We parked at the Amtrak station, because it is free for as long as you want to stay. Krystal came down to Salt Lake on the FrontRunner train, and then we all went to the Gateway Mall for dinner. As it turned out, all we did was raid that mall too! We went to a few different stores. Things started to get interesting when we found an everlasting gobstopper on the ground.

We put the the test the everlasting quality of that gobstopper, and discovered that they are pretty durable, but not invincible! It got kicked all over the mall. It went down the up escalator, and then down the smooth part next to the escalator. Then we decided to take it to the TRAX station with us. It got kicked out of the mall, among crowds, and along 400 W. We got it across the street and the tracks, and decided to test the everlasting quality. By now it already was looking a little banged up. It was not so round anymore and chunks were missing. We left it on the railhead for the train to hit. I think everyone was expecting some sort of noise when it got hit. It was virtually silent. It was there one second, and just gone the next, reduced to everlasting gobstopper powder. We took the train back over to Central Station so Krystal could get her train back home. We all waited on the train with her, because it was warm.

Just before her train left, we got the idea of leaving coins on the tracks in front of it, so they would get run over. We could pick them up as soon as it passed. We placed the coins on the railhead, and stood back to wait for the train to leave. Well, some UTA employee saw us. We never actually talked to them, but I got the impression that they did not like us being in the track area in front of the train. We waved to Krystal as the train left, but the coast was never clear for us to retrieve the pennies. There is about four cents in the tracks at Central Station. We decided we'll just go to the Provo station and let Amtrak squish some coins there. No one cares there if you step in the track area, just be out by the time the train leaves! After that adventure, we left Salt Lake, and came back to Provo. We were all pretty worn out, and I think most of us went to bed fairly shortly after getting home. It was a fun day. I think we are all crazy, and a bunch of "spaztards." But we had fun!

On a different note, I mentioned on here a while ago that I had a little website fr my model trains. It is sort of my little world I guess. I have updated it, if anyone is interested. If you go look at it, I have expanded the information under "Passenger Services," and I have added a lot of historical information to the "Empire Builder" section. I added a few other things, but if you go over to there, you will see a description of the changes on the main page. Again, the link, for anyone interested, is http://sites.google.com/site/ogdensub/.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! I think this is the first blog post ever written that made me laugh out loud for several minutes! We really are super crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang...we are all crazy! I'm glad we are so easily entertained! It makes for very interesting stories. :)

    ReplyDelete