Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Little Life Update

As promised, I am going to update all of you, my faithful stalkers, on how things are going with the potential job, and other aspects of my life.  As you know, about two weeks ago, I had a job interview with BNSF Railway for the position of Conductor Trainee in Glendive, MT, and Forsyth, MT.  I have heard back from BNSF about that.  Actually, I heard back from them about a few things.  I had also applied to similar positions around the same time, in other locations.  The first email I got from them after the interview was to let me know I was not being considered further for the position.  I was a bit disappointed, but it happens.  Maybe I need to read these emails more carefully, because about an hour after that I got another email from BNSF extending a conditional offer of employment for the Glendive, MT, position!  I went back and checked on the other email, because I was confused at first, and I think it was Great Falls that sent me the rejection letter.  But it is okay, because they want me in Glendive!  The offer is conditional on me passing all the background checks, TSA checks, Coast Guard checks, Canadian background checks, a previous employer check, a previous address verification, a drug and alcohol test, a fitness test, a physical, and me accepting the offer.  Just one or two little things.  Actually, I have spent the better part of a week filling out, turning in, and mailing paperwork for all of that!  I am done with the paperwork at this point, and my fitness test and physical have both been scheduled.  I have the fitness test tomorrow and the physical on Tuesday.  The drug test has probably gone through because I turned in the hair sample for that when I interviewed.  If I pass all of that stuff, basically I have a job.  Once all of that goes through, they will let me know what my start date is, which could be as early as January 17.  That is when the first group will be starting Conductor class.  The training period is fifteen weeks long, and is a combination of on the job training and classroom training.  At the end of training is the test, which we get two attempts at.  Passing grades are above a 90%, and upon passing that, everyone in the class is a real life Conductor.  So I am still in the middle of that whole process.  I will continue to keep you posted on that.

2 comments:

  1. Where is a picture of the two of you! We need to get a visual on this! Can't wait to see you soon and we are so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Engaged! Whoa! Must know details!!!

    ReplyDelete