Thursday, June 11, 2009

Heading Out

After a few days back at home, in Anchorage, it is time to leave again. Today I ride down to Seward and stay overnight. Tomorrow the Ryndam will be in Seward, and I will be running the shuttle again. I really do not know how long I will be in Seward. I could come home tomorrow or Saturday. At the same time, we have the Statendam there on Sunday, and it is not impossible for me to stay there for that, and possibly come home Monday. I have no idea what will happen, except that I will be there for at least one night.

This afternoon I am riding there with Rachel, and we'll probably have some adventures once we get there. We were thinking about going back out to Exit Glacier, and this time hiking up to the Harding Icefield, just to see what that is like. The few people I know who have been up there say it is the coolest thing in the world. It is a hike up to 3,700 feet above sea level, but you are on this huge sheet of ice. A few of the mountains stick up through it, most by only a few hundred feet, and who knows what lies below it. It is still shaping the mountains there. It sounds really neat to me.

Tomorrow I will do the shuttle all day, just like I did on Sunday. At the end of the day, when I put the shuttle away for the night, I already have a dinner plan. I was given permission to board the Ryndam and go eat on the Lido Deck, for free. I am SO excited for that. I have been wanting to just get on one of the ships for a long time now, to see what they are like. I have never been on a cruise ship before. This will be sweet. It is an all you can eat meal, and I get it completely free. And I get to see the ship, which will be awesome. I will be taking a bunch of pictures!

Chances are that on Saturday I will be driving out of Seward, and heading to Whittier to pick up people disembarking from the Diamond Princess, and bring them into Anchorage. I do not know that though. I could also have Saturday off in Seward and then be working out of there on Sunday. I could also to the Seward to Whittier to Anchorage thing on Monday for the Island Princess. As I said, I am not really sure what happens after tomorrow evening. I could also head back here tomorrow night. I would say servicing the Diamond Princess is the most likely, but it is hard to say. I will know more tomorrow. I am packing as if I am staying until Monday though.

1 comment: