Monday, June 15, 2009

Seward

This weekend was good. As I mentioned previously, I went to Seward on Thursday night, so I could be there for shuttles on Friday. The Ryndam was in port on Friday. After several hours of shuttles, I got to board the ship for dinner. Myself and four other drivers went to the Lido Dining Room for dinner. The food was great, and I think we all left there a little overstuffed! I think I can understand how people eat so much on their trips! We had prime rib for dinner, as well as just about anything else we could get our hands on. After eaing, we disembarked and most of us drove back to Anchorage.

On Saturday, I drove a coach back to Seward, in preparation for the arrival of the Statendam on Sunday. I was supposed to return to Anchorage on Sunday morning, with a load of passengers heading into town. At the last minute, my assignment got changed, and I got reassigned to the Seward Shuttle run again. That was the third time in a row, which meant it was old before it even started. That was about the biggest disappointment I have had in a while. I did that all day again, and then drove back to Anchorage. I did not even get to eat on the Statendam.

Today we had the Island Princess in Whittier. I started today off with a run to the train station, and then I wated around at the airport for an arrival. Those people arriving were accidentally put on a different coach, so I just went back downtown. I took a load of passengers to the ship. It was the cheapest group I have ever taken. I got tipped one dollar from 44 people. If I had know it would be like that, I would not have said anything, because obviously they did not care that much anyway. When I returned to Anchorage, I was supposed to be bringing people to the train station again, but they scheduled more coaches than needed for that. There were fifteen people going, yet three coaches assigned to it. I did not do that, and ended up finishing my day like that, with only one additional dollar to show for it.

Tomorrow I am doing a run to Denali and back. It is over 500 miles in one day. It has the nickname turn and burn, because of the length of the trip. Tomorrow will easily be over twelve hours long, most of which will be driving. It should be fun though.

1 comment: