Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wyoming

This week my mom came to town. She has some business in Salt Lake City, so she is in the area. Well, at least more than usual, even if she is over an hour away. She flew in Saturday, and I met her at the airport. She stayed the weekend in Morgan, UT, so I drove her up there. Her plane got in about 40 minutes ahead of schedule though, so we had a bit of time to get to Morgan, so I decided to take her for a scenic drive. I learned that she had never been outside the populated valleys in Utah really, so she had not seen some of the beautiful canyons and mountains there are here.

As we left the airport, the most direct route to Morgan would have been to head north to Ogden, and then east over to Morgan. Instead, I decided to take her east, across Salt Lake City, and up Parley's Canyon towards Park City. We took the Interstate 80 around that way to Echo Canyon, where I-84 meets it. At that point, you can get on I-84 west to Morgan, or stay on I-80 east to Wyoming. She made the comment that she had never been to Wyoming. It is only about twenty minutes away from that junction, so we took a little detour to Evanston. She has now been to Wyoming. In Evanston, we turned around, and headed west until we got over to Morgan. It was a nice little drive, and it was nice to have some time with my mom again. I hadn't seen her since April. She is in Salt Lake City all week for business, so I will probably get to see her again before she leaves, on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment